Calls for papers
International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing
Special Issue on: "Recent Advances in Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing Technologies"
Dr. Ismail Fidan, Tennessee Tech University, USA
The increasing number of organisations and institutions that undertake additive manufacturing (AM) R&D, workforce development and educational practices indicates that the technology is establishing itself as credible within the manufacturing domain. Areas of focus are broad, encompassing design and fabrication to modelling, simulation, engineering, architecture, construction, art, biomedicine, dentistry, defence, genetics, nanotechnology, pharmaceuticals, forensics, and photonics. It is clear that AM is transforming many aspects of product development from design and fabrication to quality assurance and beta-testing. Through the years, R&D and higher education institutions worldwide have played a crucial role in all aspects of AM education and in furthering research activities.
The objective of this special issue is to report the latest technological advancements in AM R&D and workforce development efforts.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Printing processes
- Development of emerging materials
- Design rules and structural innovations
- Post processing opportunities
- Software development and implementation
- Market trends and business sustainability
- Large scale metal printing
- Maker/hacker movement and future trends
- Business models and initiatives
- Workforce and curriculum development
- Cutting-edge applications in electronics, military, construction, clothing, medicine, bio-printing, education, sports, architecture, aerospace, food science, dentistry, home improvement, jewellery, orthopaedics, and prototyping
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission of Manuscripts: 1 October, 2015