Calls for papers
International Journal of Innovative Computing and Applications
Special Issue on: "Soft Computational Approaches for Risk Exploration in Global Software Development"
Dr. Xiao-Zhi Gao, Aalto University, Finland
Dr. Arun Kumar Sangaiah, VIT University, India
Dr. Muthu Ramachandran, Leeds Beckett University, UK
Global software development (GSD) gained momentum as a widely accepted practice in the software industry. The companies shifting to GSD paradigm are gaining various benefits: reduced cost, time, better development of software products etc. Consequently, GSD projects have facing a variety of risks such as those induced by the spatial and temporal distance between development teams. There is also a need for identifying the factors which may generate the risks in global software development processes: process planning, requirements engineering, design, development, software project management, distributed work force, product integration, and testing. Furthermore, significant research is required to elaborate the risk factors which affect project performance, product quality and project outcome in global software development projects.
The aim of this special issue is to facilitate a forum to enable a wide variety of researchers to exploit state of the art research in the field of soft computational (SC) approaches in relation to global software development risks, issues and challenges. In addition, soft computing approaches are concerned with the global software engineering tasks that are used to predict or estimate the risks concerned with project performance, project outcome, and product quality. Consequently, this special issue is envisioned to outline the benefits of applying soft computing methods and reveal the influential factors causing the risks in global software development projects.
This special issue expects to explore the works on novel contribution and bridges the gap between applying soft computational approaches in global software engineering. Paper acceptance and publication will be reviewed on the basis of quality, relevance to the special issue, clarity of presentation, originality, and accuracy of results and proposed solutions.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fuzzy logic techniques and algorithm for global software engineering
- Multi-Criteria decision making approaches for identifying risk factors of GSD projects
- Fuzzy and evolutionary computation
- Intuitionistic fuzzy information and group decision making for software industry
- Neural networks and genetic algorithm for global software process and its practices
- Fuzzy neural systems for prediction and estimation of software risks
- Hybrid machine intelligence techniques for global software development issues
- Hybrid fuzzy systems (fuzzy-neuro-evolutionary-rough) for prediction of software performance and quality
- Hybrid architectures for global software systems
- Soft computing and quality management
- Neural computing for software product quality, risk projection and success prediction
- Evolutionary computing and optimisation methods for global software engineering
- Empirical studies of risk management, software development, and computational intelligence.
- Artificial intelligence, software design and its applications
- Predictive and probabilistic models including Bayesian Networks and Chaotic theories
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission deadline: 1 November, 2015
Review Notification: 31 December, 2015
Submission of Revised Papers: 15 February, 2016
Notification of Final Review Results: 1 April, 2016