Calls for papers
International Journal of Decision Support Systems
Special Issue on: "OR and DSS in Agricultural Development and Rural Economy"
Evangelos Psomas, Nancy Bouranta and Konstantina Pendaraki, University of Patras, Greece
Decision support systems have been successfully used in a variety of applications concerning areas of the agricultural sector, agricultural development and rural economy. Although there have been successful efforts in both theoretical and applied domains, there are still a number of outstanding questions regarding the similarities and differences of operational research modelling approaches and the effectiveness of their solutions in the interrelated areas of agriculture and rural development. In this special issue we invite contributions in both theoretical developments and applications of operational research and decision support systems in areas of agriculture. Suitable topics include applications of OR and DSS in real problem decision making and real case studies.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Territorial economic performance
- Competitiveness of the agricultural sector
- Farm/agricultural/rural productivity/efficiency
- Investment in extension, agricultural R&D and infrastructure
- Efficiency/effectiveness of public expenditure in agricultural sector/rural areas
- Consumer preferences
- Food industry behaviour
- Rural and regional development
- Regional and national differences
- Regulatory issues
- Management of natural resources, energy and environment
- Climate change
- Sustainable development
- Food safety management systems
- TQM in agribusiness and food industry
- Statistical process control, lean six sigma
- EU agricultural and rural development policy
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Deadline for full paper submission: 31 July, 2015
Notice of acceptance/rejection: 30 November, 2015
Revised paper submission: 31 January, 2016
Final decision: 31 March, 2016