Calls for papers
International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
Special Issue on: "Simulation Modelling and Optimisation of Large-scale Systems"
Li Xia, Tsinghua University, China
Jie Song, Peking University, China
Hui Xiao, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, China
Enlu Zhou, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Simulation-based optimisation is a widely used methodology to model and analyse many engineering systems, especially large-scale and complex systems for which analytical or closed-form analysis is impossible. In practice, many manmade engineering systems belong to this category, such as communication systems, power systems, manufacturing systems, transportation systems, modern building control systems and supply chain and logistics systems.
The scale of such systems is increasing rapidly, which makes their analysis and optimisation increasingly intractable. With the advances of computation technology and optimisation theory, the simulation-based optimisation methodology provides a feasible way to model, simulate, analyse and optimise such complex systems.
This special issue aims at providing a forum for worldwide scholars to share and communicate their state-of-the-art research results in this area. Research concerning the modelling and simulation of practical and large-scale engineering systems is particularly encouraged. The audience of this issue will include not only academic scholars in the simulation and optimisation area, but also engineers and practitioners in the related industry fields.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Efficiency of simulation
- Multi-objective simulation optimisation
- Optimisation and control of building energy and management
- Simulation and its application in power systems or renewable energy
- Cloud computing and resource allocation
- Modelling and analysis of business intelligence
- Modelling and analysis of transportation systems
- Simulation optimisation in healthcare and medical systems
- Application of simulation in supply chain management
- Simulation optimisation in engineering management
- Simulation optimisation in service engineering
- Simulation optimisation based on big data
- Simulation in environmental monitoring and risk assessment
- Simulation of decision making processes
- Online shopping simulation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission deadline: 30 May, 2015
Notification to authors: 15 July, 2015
Final versions due by: 1 October, 2015