Calls for papers
International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Management and Informatics
Special Issue on: "Socio-Economic Sustainability, Regional Development and Spatial Planning"
Prof. George M. Korres, University of the Aegean, Greece
The aim of this special issue is to present the debate over the future and prospects of the socio-economic and territorial development of the European Union. The agenda of the issue includes the fields of European, economic-geography, sociology, regional development and spatial planning studies. Academicians, researchers, practitioners, policy makers and observers will be presented with the strategies, good practices, policies and critical issues relevant to the topic.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2014 international conference “Socio-Economic Sustainability, Regional Development and Spatial Planning: European and International Dimensions & Perspectives”, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The challenges of the European Union: the financial crisis and socio-economic growth
- Urban and regional development the in European Union and planning policies for sustainable growth
- Macro-economic policies and regional development
- Micro-policies and sustainable growth
- European cooperatives and socio-economic growth
- Social economy innovations and sustainable communities
- Inclusive recovery and local city employment governance
- Public administration and sustainable development
- Local government role and responses to sustainable development
- Cellular globalisation in between local and global social dimensions
- Empowerment of citizens/workers/minorities/youth
- Innovative communities, social development and education
- Territorial innovation in the European Union and planning policies
- New forms of territorial governance in Europe
- Migration and new forms of inequality and social exclusion in Europe
- Social policies and social cohesion in Europe
- Entrepreneurship, SMEs and local development
- Cultural management, local heritage and local development
- Tourism development, policy and planning
- Case studies and applied research on types and forms of sustainable growth
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 April, 2015
Notification to authors: 20 May, 2015
Final versions due by: 30 June, 2015