Calls for papers
International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics
Special Issue on: "Advances in Shipping, Maritime Transport and Logistics"
Dr. Mounir Benaissa, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Prof. Mourad Abed, University of Valenciennes, France
Maritime transport is composed of maritime shipping and port dimensions. Areas of focus include establishing a vision for the future of maritime transport; identifying the innovative technologies, business models and policies that will drive change; overcoming barriers to innovation; and establishing governance structures at the global and national levels to foster the innovations that our societies need for a more sustainable and better performing future transport system.
This special issue aims at addressing these interesting research issues in the field of shipping, port and maritime logistics and management.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transport (ICALT’2015), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Government policy on gender and entrepreneurship
- Decision support systems in shipping
- Freight and commodity market modelling
- Maritime business and economics
- Maritime logistics and global supply chains
- Maritime policy and management
- Maritime safety and environmental protection
- Modelling shipping freight markets
- Offshore supply management
- Port competition
- Port management and organisation
- Security in maritime transportation
- Shipping and trade liberalisation
- Shipping investments and finances
- Short sea shipping
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission deadline: 30 July, 2015