Calls for papers
International Journal of Advanced Operations Management
Special Issue on: "Advances in Logistics and Operation Management"
Dr. Mounir Benaissa, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Prof. Mourad Abed, University of Valenciennes, France
The mission of logistics and operations management is to produce the appropriate goods or services in the right quality and quantity, and to distribute them to the right place at the right time. Logistics and operations management is critical to the success of an engineering company and is often referred to today as the supply chain management process, which encompasses all operations from the extraction of raw material through to manufacture and to the recycling of products at the end of their lifespans.
This special issue aims at addressing these interesting research issues in the field of logistics and operation management.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transport (ICALT’2015), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Global operations management, lean/agile operations
- Procurement and supply
- Service operations and performance
- Supply chain management development
- Product development
- Production and delivery synchronisation
- Facilities planning and management
- Performance management
- Lean and six sigma
- Modelling and simulation
- Quality control and management
- Strategic alliances
- Production and material flows
- Knowledge, service, demand and R&D management
- Scheduling, sequencing, vehicle routing
- Inventory management and co-ordination
- Multi-objective optimisation; TQM and six sigma practices
- Business process outsourcing
- Aggregate planning, ERP, JIT
- Performance measurement
- Cultural, environmental and implementation issues
- Logistics service performance, supply chain management
- Product planning, lot sizing, MPS, MRP
- Repetitive manufacturing and service operations
- Project and technology management, network management
- Comparison of operations management in different countries
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission deadline: 30 July, 2015