Calls for papers
International Journal of Sustainable Aviation
Special Issue on: "Impact of Energy Utilisation on Sustainable Aviation"
Mehmet Ziya Söğüt and Önder Altuntaş Anadolu University, Turkey
Can Özgür Çolpan, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Emin Açıkkalp, Bilecik S.E. University, Turkey
This issue is devoted to energy systems and environmental issues in aviation. As is known, energy systems have an important role in sustainable development and global warming. In addition to that, aviation applications have a considerable impact on global warming. This special issue will cover sustainable applications in aviation, environmental impact, thermodynamic applications in aviation, green airports, and design and optimisation in aviation.
The issue will carry revised and selected papers presented at the International Conference on Clean Energy 2014 and International Conference on Energy 2014, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in this event to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sustainable aviation; green aircraft and airlines
- Environmental impacts: emissions/noise, global warming/climate change
- Renewable energy sources; alternative/green aviation fuels
- Combustion instabilities, innovative combustion technologies
- Energy, exergy, performance analysis; flight and fluid mechanics
- Air conditioning and refrigeration applications of aircrafts
- Energy recovery systems, alternative/renewable/clean energy technologies
- Mathematical modelling, numerical/experimental methods, optimisation
- Life cycle design and life cycle assessment; cost efficiency; waste/recycling
- Sustainable aircraft design, technological change, innovation, research and development
- Green airport design, management, planning, development
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 10 September, 2014 (extended)