Calls for papers
International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling
Special Issue on: "The Latest Technologies for Building a Smart City"
Yinong Chen, Arizona State University, USA
A smart city is a collection of services that accompany the physical services provided by the city and the technologies supporting these services. Smart cities highlight the growing importance of information and communication technologies (ICTs) and social, economic and environmental capital in profiling the competitiveness of cities.
The latest ICT technologies supporting smart city services include the internet, cloud computing, big data analysis and physical devices connected to cyberspace through the Internet of Things, as well as their applications in different sectors. This special issue aims at presenting the latest technologies for building a smart city, particularly in the process modelling, design, simulation, implementation, evaluation and application of these technologies.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intelligent transportation and communication systems
- Advanced communication and networking systems
- Internet of things, cyber-physical systems and intelligent devices
- Smart building and environment, effectiveness and sustainability
- Internet-based finance, business and government systems and services
- Internet-supported healthcare and medical systems
- Service-oriented computing, composition and enterprise application integration
- Cloud computing and big data systems supporting smart city applications
- Reliability, safety and security in smart city systems and applications
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission Deadline: 15 November, 2015