Calls for papers
International Journal of Intellectual Property Management
Special Issue on: "Management of Copyright and Related Rights by Collective Management Organisations"
Dr. Katia Fach Gómez, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Collective management organisations develop a crucial role in managing copyright or rights related to copyright on behalf of right holders. A European Union Directive dealing with this issue as well as with licensing of rights in musical works for online use in the internal market entered into force in April 2014 and should be transposed by Member States by April 10, 2016.
This special issue is aimed at encouraging academic researchers worldwide to examine different aspects of the referred Directive. This call for papers also welcomes papers offering a comparative analysis or legal reflections focused on non-EU legal systems. Papers presenting policy perspectives or well-supported stakeholder´s positioning are equally warmly received.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Protection of right holders
- Membership rules of collective management organisations
- Organisation of collective management organisations
- Management of rights revenue
- Management of rights on behalf of other collective management organisations
- Relations with users
- Duties of transparency and reporting of collective management organisations
- Multi-territorial licensing by collective management organisations of authors´ rights in musical works for online use.
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution on these issues
- Independent management entities
- Transposition of Directive 2014/26 in Member States
- Positioning of the civil society and lobbies on these issues
- National legislation in non-EU countries
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the guest editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manuscripts due by: 31 October, 2014
Notification to authors: 1 December, 2014
Revised manuscript submission: 1 February, 2015
Final versions due by: 1 March, 2015