Calls for papers
International Journal of Big Data Intelligence
Special Issue on: "Big Data, Semantics and the Cloud"
Beniamino Di Martino, Second University of Naples, Italy
Flora Amato, University Federico II of Naples, Italy
Big data is an emerging research area of computer science and information management. Big data represents a new era in data exploration and utilisation, and has become a ubiquitous term in understanding and solving complex problems in different disciplinary fields such as engineering, applied mathematics, medicine, computational biology, healthcare, social networks, finance, business, government, education, transportation and telecommunications.
This special issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the following events:
This special issue publishes extended version of top selected papers from the following conferences:
- The International Workshop on Semantic Web/Cloud Information and Services Discovery and Management (SWISM 2014), collocated with the International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS-2014)
- The International Workshop on Cloud Computing Projects and Initiatives (CCPI2014), collocated with INCOS' 2014 Conference
- The 13th International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing (ICA3PP-2013)
- The 10th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic and Trusted Computing (ATC-2013)
- The 10th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC-2013)
However, we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in these events to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Big data analytics and semantics
- Grid and cloud Semantics
- Big data and the internet of things
- Cloud infrastructures and programming paradigms
- Clouds federation and interoperability
- Semantic web and web Services
- Big data modelling, simulation and performance evaluation
- Trust models and algorithms for big data processing
- Information extraction, retrieval and indexing in big data
- Software and tools for big data management
- Security, privacy and legal issues specific to big data
- Data-driven innovation, computational modelling and data integration
- Data-intensive computing theorems and technologies
- Big data visualisation, simulation and performance evaluation
- Large scale bioinformatics data analysis and management
- Enabling technologies (social networking, web 2.0, geographical information systems, sensors, smart spaces, smart cities, context-aware computing, web services)
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 September 2014
Notification to authors: 30 November 2014
Final versions due by: 30 December 2014