Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics
Special Issue on: "Econometric and Computational Applications for the Brazilian Economy"
Ricardo Ramalhete Moreira, Federal University of Espírito Santo, Brazil
Brazil has one of the most important developing economies today. In the last few years, the Brazilian economy has emerged as a big player in commodities markets and the manufacturing sector. Despite a democratic government and strong regional diversification, however, Brazil has challenges ahead in order to maintain and improve its share of the global economy.
From the macroeconomic aspect, Brazil should make economic policy more predictable and efficient so as to allow for lower inflation rates and higher GDP growth in the long term; from the microeconomic one, regulatory, educational and other sectoral policies are important to increase companies’ confidence and private investments that generate higher productivity rates over time.
The special issue invites high-quality original research papers on the topic. It is an attempt to explore and bring together practical, state-of-the-art applications of computational techniques and econometrics with a particular focus on Brazil.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applied micro and macro econometrics with Brazilian data
- Asset pricing and factor models with Brazilian data
- Bayesian econometrics and statistics with Brazilian data
- Credit risk, market risk and operational risk management with Brazilian data
- Energy risk management with Brazilian data
- Insurance models for Brazil
- Portfolio optimisation with Brazilian data
- Software development and implementation with Brazilian economic and/or financial data
- Time series analysis and forecasting techniques for Brazil
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written)
All papers are refereed through a double blind process.
All papers must be submitted online. Please read our Submitting articles page
Manuscripts due by: 31 December, 2014
Notification to authors: 30 April, 2015
Final versions due by: 30 June, 2015