Calls for papers
International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management
Special Issue on: "Assistive Technologies for Safe Operation of Complex Technological Systems"
Dr. Zoe Nivolianitou, National Center for Scientific Research “DEMOKRITOS”, Greece
This special issue will include papers on technologies to monitor normal and emergency conditions in complex systems, training systems, human and environmental risk assessment, emergency response and rescue systems, human factors involved in safe operation, sitting of hazardous installations, communication of risk, legal aspects and many other related topics.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 7th International Conference on Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Technologies that monitor normal and emergency conditions in complex systems
- Recognition of critical system parameters
- Operators training systems
- Human and environmental risk assessment tools
- Computer aided systems on emergency response and rescue
- Depiction of human factors involved in safe operation,
- IT methodologies for the siting of hazardous installations
- Tools for the communication of risk
- Aiding of competent authorities in applying legal aspects and any other related to the above topics
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscript submission: 30 January, 2015