Calls for papers
International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management
Special Issue on: "Challenges to Cybersecurity in the 21st Century"
Guest Editor: Dr Oredola A. Soluade, Iona College, USA
The use of the internet as a tool of international commerce is expanding at a very rapid rate. Countries that are years behind in technology have been catapulted into the 21st century by virtue of easy access to the internet and social media. There is therefore a need for specialists in the area of cybersecurity to develop the resources necessary for monitoring, designing and containing the explosion in the threat of cyberterrorism.
Recent events in Ukraine, Nigeria, the Middle East (Yemen) and South Sudan point to the need for technology to confront the global spread of terrorism. Nations are increasingly developing the capability of surveillance of other countries; countervailing strategies therefore need to be developed to handle the inordinate growth in the incidence of cyberterrorism worldwide.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
- Management of information security
- Principles of information security management
- Planning for information security implementation
- Contingency planning for information security
- Information security policy
- Organising security in large and medium-sized organisations
- Organisational security and information technology
- Accounting and finance through information technology
- Implementation of security education, training and awareness programmes
- Risk management and risk assessment in the digital age
- Establishment of security clearances in the 21st century
- Protective mechanisms for cybersecurity
- Information systems and intrusion detection systems
- Information security and personnel
- Law and ethics in information security
- Organisational liability and information security
- Information security and project management
- Ethics and education in information security
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
For further information about this call, please contact the Guest Editor at email@example.com
Manuscripts due by: 31 August, 2015
Notification to authors: 1 September, 2015
Final version due: 1 December, 2015