Calls for papers
International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics
Special Issue on: "Beyond Virtual Prototyping: Trends in Novel Applications for Mixed Reality"
Margherita Peruzzini, Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Maura Mengoni, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
Monica Bordegoni, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
This Special Issue focuses on studies and applications covering the full range of activities related to the multi-disciplinary area of virtual prototyping, considering both original methodologies and novel applications about virtual prototyping by adopting virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality technologies. Papers investigating new methods for virtual prototyping, new applications in virtual environments for virtual engineering and manufacturing, advances in virtual simulation and virtual prototyping technologies as well as new trends to create interactive and highly realistic mixed environments are welcome.Subject Coverage
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Virtual Prototyping techniques supporting mechatronics product design;
- Application of advanced Virtual/Adaptive Augmented/Mixed Reality technologies in mechatronics;
- Multimodal and multisensory interaction;
- Multi user virtual environments;
- Tools and methods for multidisciplinary and cooperative design;
- Virtual Prototyping and Hardware-in-the-Loop testing and simulation;
- Human-computer studies, validation of interaction and evaluation techniques;
- Virtual Prototyping oriented to create inclusive and adaptive smart objects;
- Innovative Virtual Prototyping-based approaches to handle complexity.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
For further information, to discuss ideas for contributions and to submit abstracts/proposals, please contact the Guest Editors:
Dr. Margherita Peruzzini (email@example.com)
Prof. Monica Bordegoni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Maura Mengoni (email@example.com)
Submission of Manuscripts: 30 May, 2015
Notification to Authors: 30 July, 2015
Final Versions Due: 31 August, 2015