Calls for papers
International Journal of Computing Science and Mathematics
Special Issue on: "Recent Advances in Inverse Problems: Theory, Computational Methods, and Application to Science, Engineering, and Social Sciences"
Prof. Herb Kunze, University of Guelph, Canada
Prof. Davide La Torre, University of Milan, Italy and Khalifa University, UAE
This special issue aims to highlight recent research, development, and applications of inverse problems (IPs) in science, engineering, and social sciences. IPs arise naturally in many branches of science and engineering where the values of some model parameters must be obtained from the observed data.
In recent years, theory and applications of inverse problems have undergone a tremendous growth. They can be formulated in many mathematical areas and analysed by different theoretical and computational techniques.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularisation techniques
- Inverse problems for differential and integral equations
- Fractal-based methods in inverse problems
- Statistical inverse problems
- Numerical algorithms for inverse problems
- Inverse problems and homogenisation techniques
- Applications to science and engineering (acoustics, aerodynamics, electromagnets, hydrological engineering, image analysis, shape design, structural dynamic modification and reconstruction, tomography, etc.)
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Deadline for submission: 31 December, 2014
Notification to authors: 28 February, 2015
Final versions due by: 30 May, 2015