Calls for papers
International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management
Special Issue on: "Big Data Analytics and Business Innovation"
Haibing Lu, Santa Clara University, USA
Heechang Shin, Iona College, USA
Many organisations are working with unmanageably large data sets, or big data, and the importance of using analytics that can cope with this scale of information is considerable. Organisations’ ability to identify patterns and to gain analytical results to achieve competitive advantages creates great opportunities for business innovation.
Organisations are capable of harvesting relevant data and using it to make the best decisions to achieve innovations. In light of this, this special issue will focus on presenting innovative, high-quality research results in technical, social, and policy aspects of big data analytics and its impact on business innovation.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Big data analytics tools, trends and best practices
- Big data analytics in e-government and policy
- Big data analytics and business performance
- Management strategy of big data
- DSS/intelligent systems
- Data management
- Cloud computing
- Models and frameworks for big data
- Business model
- Social network services
- Emerging architectural frameworks for big data
- Security and privacy
- Web search and information mining
- Cloud-based infrastructures (storage and computing resources)
- IT innovations
- Applications in business, education, healthcare, security, bioinformatics, law, transportation, and so on
- Management of technological innovation/development
- Critical technologies and policy analysis
- Evaluation of technology/systems
- Socio-economic consequences of new technologies
- Technology-based economic growth and government policy
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and regional development
- Policy decision-making and stakeholder involvement
- Information and decision technology
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Deadline for manuscript submission: 1 November, 2014