Calls for papers
International Journal of Computers in Healthcare
Special Issue on: "Health and Clinical Informatics in Chinese Medicine"
Dr. Zhaohui (Stanley) Liang and Dr. Honglai Zhang, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, China
Dr. Guozheng Li, Tongji University, China
Dr. Xiangji (Jimmy) Huang, York University, Canada
Chinese medicine is valuable heritage of Chinese traditional culture. As one of the exchange issues of oriental civilisation, Chinese medicine has been disseminated by the Western world since the 1970s and has attracted universal attention through its intriguing techniques and confirmed efficacy in treating disease and disorders.
Studies on both the basic mechanisms and clinical efficacy of Chinese medicine are implemented by universities and research institutes both in China and in the West. The information era has introduced the application of computers and informatics to this traditional art of Eastern healthcare. New ideas and skills based on informatics are being proposed for the study of Chinese medicine, which leads to the need for international communication and exchange.
The aim of this special issue is to provide an international forum for discussion on the latest outcomes and novel ideas on informatics in Chinese medicine. The issue will explore the themes of health informatics in Chinese medicine and clinical studies on Chinese medicine based on informatics.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2013 Workshop of Information Technology for Chinese Medicine (ITCM 2013), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical study of informatics in Chinese medicine
- Treatment mechanisms of Chinese medicine based on informatics
- Collection, analysis and mining of Chinese medicine diagnostic data
- Collection, analysis and mining of medical records of Chinese medicine
- Analysis and data mining of herbal prescriptions and combinations of Chinese medicines
- Data processing of Chinese herbal medicine
- Electronic processing and data organising of ancient literature of Chinese medicine
- Informatics on acupoint combination patterns
- Application of information technology to clinical research of Chinese medicine
- Other issues related to informatics in Chinese medicine
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscript submission deadline: 30 April, 2014
First round of reviews: 20 May, 2014