Calls for papers
International Journal of Foresight and Innovation Policy
Special Issue on: "Management and Policy for Frugal Innovation"
Prof. Jin Chen, Tsinghua University, China
Frugal innovation is the ability to generate considerably more business and social value while significantly reducing the use of scarce resources. It’s about solving the paradox of “doing more with less”. It is a game-changing strategy for an “Age of Austerity” in which firms are being compelled by cost-conscious and eco-aware consumers, employees and governments to create offerings that are simultaneously affordable, sustainable and of high quality.
Even more than a strategy, frugal innovation is a whole new mindset – a flexible approach that perceives resource constraints not as a debilitating challenge but as a growth opportunity (Navi Radjou and Jaideep Prabhu, 2013).
To better understand the essence of frugal innovation, this special issue aims to collect a set of high-quality papers investigating management of frugal innovation and its demand for better innovation policy.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drivers of frugal or jugaad innovation
- Mindset and frugal innovation between western and eastern countries
- The innovation process of frugal products and services
- The technology trajectory of frugal innovation
- Foresight and forecast methods for frugal innovation
- Corporate strategy and frugal innovation
- Frugal innovation and anti-poverty
- Cases of frugal innovation in developing countries and its reverse innovations in developed countries
- Innovation policy shifts for frugal innovation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries regarding this call, please contact the Guest Editor, Prof. Jin Chen, at email@example.com.
Submission deadline for full papers: 31 December, 2015