Calls for papers
International Journal of Big Data Intelligence
Special Issue on: "Big Data and Smart Computing"
Jinho Kim, Kangwon National University, Korea
James Kwok, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Kazutoshi Sumiya, University of Hyogo, Japan
Byoung-Tak Zhang, Seoul National University, Korea
Big data and smart computing are emerging research fields that have recently drawn much attention and interest in computer science and information technology as well as in social sciences and other disciplines.
This special issue will include revised and substantially extended versions of papers presented at the International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2014), organised by KIISE (Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers). In addition, it strongly solicits high-quality original research papers and new work-in-progress reports in any aspect of big data and smart computing from researchers worldwide who are unable to participate in the conference.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Techniques and models for big data
- Algorithms and systems for big data
- Machine learning and AI for big data
- Databases and data mining for big data
- Graph mining and opinion mining
- Web search and information retrieval
- Bioinformatics data management
- Infrastructure and platforms for smart computing
- Models and tools for smart computing
- Mobile smartphone applications
- Big data analytics and social media
- Parallel and distributed computing for big data
- Hardware/software infrastructure for big data
- Security and privacy for big data
- Image/multimedia data management
- Cloud and grid computing
- Mobile communication and networks
- Smart devices and hardware
- Smart location-based services
- Mobile software and data science
- Big data and smart computing applications (healthcare, medicine, finance, business, law, education, transportation, telecommunication, science, engineering, ecosystem, etc.)
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 June, 2014