Calls for papers
International Journal of Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems
Special Issue on: "Wireless Robot and Sensor Networks: Opportunities, Challenges, Solutions and Prospects"
Dr. Muhammad Imran, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
Prof. Dr. Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
Dr. Sajid Hussain, Fisk University, USA
Wireless robot and sensor networks (WRSNs) have emerged as a confluence of disparate wireless sensor networks (WSNs) and multi-robot networked systems. The potential merits stemming from this mutual collaboration not only enhance and complement existing WSN applications but also introduce a plethora of novel applications that require autonomous and intelligent interaction.
WRSNs are expected to play crucial role in building future cyber-physical systems and promise unprecedented and limitless opportunities. However, such integration introduces various challenges such as collaboration and coordination, task allocation and fulfilment.
This special issue aims at presenting recent advances and hot issues in the design, implementation and evaluation of architectures, algorithms and protocols for existing and prospective applications of WRSN. Moreover, this special issue is expected to spark and promote further research in this multidimensional domain.
Original, unpublished research and survey/tutorial articles are solicited in all aspects of WRSNs and their variants. In particular, we welcome the submission of survey/tutorial articles.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaboration and coordination among robots
- Mobile sensor networks/sensor and actor networks
- Robot-powered wireless sensor networks
- Topology management in WRSNs
- Survivability strategies for WRSNs
- Coverage and connectivity issues
- Task allocation and fulfilment
- Mobility management and control
- Integration of WRSNs with other technologies
- Self-organisation and self-managing operation of WRSNs
- Specification, modelling, simulation and experimentation of WRSNs
- Quality of service issues in WRSNs
- Scalability issues in WRSNs
- Applications and prototypes of WRSNs
- Identification of open research issues and future prospects of WRSNs
- Safety and security in WRSNs
- M2M and IoT (Internet of Things) for WRSNs
- Vehicular protocols for WRSNs
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Paper submission: 31 December, 2013
First round of reviews: 1 March, 2014