Calls for papers
International Journal of Powertrains
Special Issue on: "Applications of Intelligent and Connected Vehicle Technologies in Vehicle Monitoring, Controls and Diagnostics"
Dr. Hoseinali Borhan, Cummins Inc., USA
Dr. Ardalan Vahidi, Clemson University, USA
The increase in population and the number of cars on the road, the emergence and expansion of mega regions with dense populations, cost and capacity limitations for adding new roads and highways, global climate concerns, energy resource constraints, urban road traffic congestions and increasing demand for vehicle fleet operations are just a few of the drivers for the development and advancement of intelligent vehicle transportation (ITS), and for the connected vehicle technology of vehicle to infrastructure (V2I) and vehicle to vehicle (V2V) communications.
These systems represent a group of technologies that connect vehicles to other vehicles or to infrastructure receivers and monitoring centres to improve transportation system management and vehicle fleet operation, as well as individual vehicle operation including powertrain and vehicle controls for safety, fuel economy and emissions.
This special issue aims to present innovative technologies and applications of ITS and V2x networking technologies in powertrain and vehicle control.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure new technologies and applications including monitoring, cloud computing and IT
- ITS and V2x networking applications in vehicle and powertrain control and diagnostics
- ITS and V2x networking applications in fleet vehicle management
- ITS and V2x networking applications in start-stop, hybrid and electric vehicles
- Intelligent driving assistant systems and eco-driving
- Applications of ITS and V2x networking information in improvement of vehicle and fleet fuel economy, emissions and safety
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 March, 2014
Notification to authors: 15 September, 2014
Final versions due by: 15 November, 2014