Calls for papers
International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering
Special Issue on: "Adaptive and Creative System Design: Applications to Signal Processing"
Mahesh Chandra, Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, India
Asutosh Kar, International Institute of Information Technology Bhubaneswar, India
Sambit Bakshi, National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India
Today, adaptive systems find their application in various research areas including signal, image and video processing and communications and computing. They can be employed for system identification, low complexity dynamic designs, channel equalisation and modelling,etc.
This special issue aims to provide a research symposium exploring current trends and advances in the field of adaptive filter applications, with a focus on the application of adaptive and creative system design to signal processing. The goal of the issue is to present recent original research works, review articles, case studies and comparative performance analyses in the said domain from researchers, academicians and practitioners around the globe.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Image processing and applications
- Sensory signal processing
- Speech, image, video coding
- Recent developments in adaptive filtering algorithms
- Adaptive networking and current challenges
- Innovative system design for solving real world issues
- Dynamic and innovative system designs using adaptive filter
- Adaptive system identification and channel modelling
- Adaptive filter applications for cellular network control and management
- Advances in computing using adaptive and innovative systems
- Image and speech enhancement using adaptive filters
- Statistical signal analysis
- Acoustic noise and echo reduction applying adaptive algorithms and designs
- Channel equalisation/modelling, communication system design and fault analysis employing adaptive algorithms
- Adaptive filters for mobile computing, networking and wireless system designs
- Artificial intelligence and soft computing applications of adaptive systems
- Implantation of adaptive filters for real time applications using DSP processors and FPGA
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Any queries regarding this special issue can be emailed to Sambit Bakshi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original paper submission: 15 February, 2014
Notification of first revisions/acceptance/rejection: 30 April, 2014
Submission of revised versions: 20 May, 2014
Final notification of acceptance/rejection: 20 June, 2014