Calls for papers
International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics
Special Issue on: "Information Systems in Transport Logistics"
Dr. Mounir Benaissa, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Prof. Mourad Abed, University of Valenciennes, France
Rapid developments in information technology have many implications for the organisation and management of transport and logistics. In this context, cooperation between actors in integrated supply chains becomes more and more important. To address this, the information and communication systems used for managing shipping and transport need to share information and the actors must be enabled to share that information according to their own business rules.
This special issue aims at addressing these interesting research issues in the field of information and communication systems in transport logistics.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transport (ICALT’2014), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- IT applications to transport
- Real time identification and tracking
- Decision support systems for shipping management
- Cooperation in maritime supply chains
- Integration of ports in intermodal hinterland systems
- Consolidation and distribution for shippers within the logistics business
- Modelling, testing, simulation, human-machine interaction
- Air, road and rail traffic management
- Multimodal transport systems
- Advanced traffic management/information systems
- Information technology and distribution strategy
- Modelling, control and simulation
- Transportation networks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission deadline: 30 July, 2014