Calls for papers
International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management
Special Issue on: "Assessing Product Lifecycle Design and Engineering within International Standards: from Theory to Industrial Applications"
Matteo Mario Savino and Antonio Mazza, Università del Sannio, Italy
Aicha Seklouli Sekhari, University Lyon 2, France
Modern society is dependent on electromechanical systems and ICT and, as common experience teaches us, these pervade all aspects of our daily lives: communications, transport and consumer electronics, to name a few.
Moreover, for all consumer products, including electro-mechanical ones for which performance requirements are always higher with minimum possible space, compliance to international standards such as CE labelling is compulsory for firms who want to serve the globalised market. Companies need to develop products compliant with the CE label, with its attendant costs and the time that the related operations entail.
Product design and engineering tools/methods can allow the possibility of minimising costs, time and risks associated with obtaining product compliance from the beginning of the product life cycle. CE labelling also encompasses health and safety issues and is compulsory for all types of consumer products.
This special issue aims at exploring recent advances in the application of product design and engineering tools to help firms achieve effective and efficient product development, prototyping and production within international standards’ compulsory requirements. We solicit original scientific contributions with sound experimental, real research and industrial case studies. We also invite research contributions, including case studies, on all aspects of assessment of product lifecycle design and engineering.
All submissions will be evaluated for novelty, significance and soundness. Papers should clearly state the purpose, theory, methodology, results and possible socio-economic implications of the study, and must be fully referenced with appropriate international citations.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Product lifecycle analysis within standards evolution
- State of art related to product compliance standards (e.g. CE labelling)
- Product architectures and platforms for standards compliance
- Platform and modularity engineering methodologies
- Concurrent engineering practices in product development for standards compliance
- Product design and engineering within electro magnetic compatibility (EMC) compliance
- Product development process analysis and assessment under standards constraints
- Quality management in product development
- Lifecycle analysis cases and approaches within ISO 14040 norms
- Environmental standards and/or safety standards as constraints in product development and product lifecycle management
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 6 January, 2014 (extended)