Calls for papers
International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage
Special Issue on: "Applying Six Sigma to Cross-Disciplines for Value – Quality Management, Business Management and Higher Education Management"
Dr. Shirley Mo-ching Yeung, Hang Seng Management College, Hong Kong
Prof. Mosad Zineldin, Linnaeus University, Sweden
Dr. Lau Chi (Marco) Keung, Northumbria University, UK
The aim of this special issue is to highlight the trend of applying Six Sigma-related concepts to multi-disciplines and cross-disciplines under the dynamic of today’s business sectors. The overall objective of the issue is to pull talents into exploring the research areas of how to identify problems, create solutions, and apply solutions into different scenario with the use of Six Sigma, especially in the fields of quality management, business management and higher education management.
The application of Six Sigma to the contemporary issues of the business and higher education sectors can provide a direction for researchers and practitioners. This issue will include invited contributions from leading scholars in the field of quality management, business management and higher education, as well as selected conceptual or research papers procured through this call. We are interested in high-quality submissions that
- contribute to the theoretical and conceptual understanding of Six Sigma;
- advance knowledge through a variety of contexts;
- bring impact to empirical or methodological means that can be used to apply Six Sigma to different scenarios to solve problems in the contemporary world.
We welcome empirical papers − both qualitative and quantitative − and theoretical papers that examine contemporary issues in Six Sigma and quality management, and which contribute to new knowledge in quality management, business management and higher education management research.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Different aspects of applying six sigma into different issues in management
- Management experience in relation to other key quality concepts, such as value creation, quality control (QC), quality assurance (QA), quality enhancement (QE), defect identification and control, preventive measures and sustainability
- Implications of deploying Six Sigma in management experience in different types of contexts, such as supplier evaluation and control in the business sector, curriculum design and assessment in the higher education, and different types of cultural and industrial settings
- Quality issues linked to value creation, innovation and sustainability
- Quality and six sigma experiences in relation to practices
- Communicating experiences in applying six sigma with success and/or failure
- Methods and techniques for investigating the use of six sigma in academia and industry
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission date: 31 October , 2014
Notification date: 30 November, 2014
Final Version date: 31 March, 2015