Calls for papers
International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising
Special Issue on: "Social Media and Mobile Marketing Innovations"
Goetz Greve, HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration, Germany
The use of social media as a marketing instrument and the implementation of mobile marketing applications have in recent years attracted a significant amount of interest from academics working in different fields. This interest has led to a number of studies discussing conceptual frameworks, analytical challenges, implementation issues and performance outcomes.
Social media and mobile marketing are generally viewed by scholars as two phenomena of internet marketing and, as a consequence, the two are generally studied separately. In a period of growing importance of the mobile internet, these themes are remarkably relevant, since they may act as catalysts for internet advertising possibilities.
This growth in mobile is being driven by rapidly changing consumer habits, with smart phones as well as tablets gaining widespread adoption. Hence, the analysis of social media marketing and mobile marketing applications has become a central issue for marketers worldwide.
This special issue aims to stimulate the creation of academic papers focused on new developments in social media marketing and mobile marketing applications. Potential contributions may include:
- Papers investigating the strategies and objectives that underlie projects involving social media marketing or mobile marketing applications.
- Theoretical and conceptual papers that focus on social media marketing and mobile marketing applications and organisational change and transition processes involved in the implementation of these innovative marketing initiatives.
- Case studies of both successful and unsuccessful social media marketing strategies or mobile marketing applications.
- Methodologies for the study of social media marketing and mobile marketing initiatives.
- Papers investigating the antecedents and consequences of social CRM or customer engagement activities across social media channels.
This issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2nd International Conference on Strategic Innovative Marketing (submission deadline: 14 June), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Papers submitted to this special issue will be reviewed after the IC-SIM 2013 conference, rather than on the normal rolling basis.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Advertising in social media
- Customer engagement
- Facebook marketing strategies
- Innovation and new product development in social media channels
- Innovations in online marketing
- Integration of social media and mobile marketing applications
- Marketing analytics for social media
- Mobile advertising
- Mobile marketing applications
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Mobile wallet
- Network analysis
- Service marketing in social media channels
- Social CRM, customer relationship management
- Social media marketing
- Twitter marketing strategies
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Deadline for IC-SIM 2013 submission (optional): 14 June, 2013
Submission deadline for expanded conference and non-conference papers
for special issue: 1 February, 2014
Notification of acceptance: 1 September, 2014