Calls for papers
International Journal of Service and Computing Oriented Manufacturing
Special issue on: "Integrated Approaches Based on Advanced Modelling and Simulation Methodologies for Industry and Manufacturing"
Prof. Alfredo Garro, University of Calabria, Italy
Dr. Marina Massei, University of Genoa, Italy
The dynamic changing behaviour of industry and manufacturing processes which results from market globalisation requires continuous research and development advances to guarantee higher competitiveness. Modelling and simulation is a growing research field capable of supporting, as a powerful decision making tool, industrial evolution.
Authors are invited to submit articles presenting research work, case studies and applications, both theoretical and applied.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 10th International Multidisciplinary Modeling & Simulation Multiconference (I3M 2013), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Discrete and combined simulation
- Industrial processes modelling and simulation
- Manufacturing process modelling and simulation
- Production and manufacturing system modelling and simulation
- Application of modelling and simulation in industry and manufacturing
- Simulation optimisation approaches in industry, services and logistics processes
- Advanced simulation for logistics systems
- Agent-directed modelling and applications
- Petri net-based modelling and simulation
- Simulation and artificial intelligence
- Cloud-based simulation and applications
- Any other topics concerning modelling and simulation in industry and manufacturing
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 20 April, 2014