Calls for papers
International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets
Special Issue on: "Financial Risk Management in China"
Dr. Eric Wang, Athabasca University, Canada
Dr. Jun Yang, Acadia University, Canada
Dr. George Ye, Saint Mary’s University, Canada
Prof. Dongmei Yang, Tianjin Open University, China
After more than three decades of economic development and reform, China’s GDP is ranked second only to the United States’ – a huge jump from its 10th place in 1978. During the same period, China’s financial sector has experienced explosions of growth. And the growth in the financial sector seems to be unaffected by the Asian financial crisis of 1997 and the worldwide financial crisis of 2008.
This extraordinary phenomenon raises the question of how financial risk management in China has been conducted. The aim of this special issue is to answer this and other related questions.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Evolution of Chinese risk management system (regulations, practices and strategies)
- Risk management in the banking sector (national and regional/local banks)
- Credit creation and regulations
- Development of financial instruments and risk management
- Balance/inbalance in credit allocation between state-owned sector and private sector
- Chinese risk management thought and its impact/relevance to today's risk management practices
- Financial risk management in municipal and rural China
- Financial risk management and the real estate market of China
- Financial risk management practices in China versus in western countries
- Financial risk management professional development
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Paper submission: 15 December, 2013
Reviewers' comments: 15 April, 2014
Revised paper submission: 15 June, 2014