Calls for papers
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
Special Issue on: "When Entrepreneurship Meets Innovation"
Prof. Jin Chen, Tsinghua University, China
Though the great scholars like Joseph Schumpeter and Peter Drucker emphasised the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship and stressed the relation between them, the innovative and Schumpeterian economy and entrepreneurial economy still differ.
Entrepreneuial venturing without innovation is low value-added, and innovation without entrepreneurship generates less market value. It is therefore an urgent task to link innovation and entrepreneurship in both the academic and practical fields.
Some researchers have made an aggresive attempt to build such a connection (John Bessant and Joe Tidd et al.). However, the concepts of innovation and entreprenenrship are unclear and the causal relation betwenn innovation and entrepreneurship is vague.
To better understand these matters, this special issue aims to collect a set of high-quality papers investigating the relation between entrepreneurship and innovation.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Comparison of models of entrepreneurship and models of innovation
- Comparison of innovator and entrepreneur
- Antecedents, types, and contributions of innovation to entrepreneurial performance
- Drivers of innovation-based entrepreneurship
- Success factors for the link between entrepreneurship and innovation
- Science-based innovation and academic entrepreneurship
- Technology-based innovation and technopreneurship
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and SMEs
- R&D, innovation and corporate entrepreneurship in established companies
- Financing for innovation-driven entrepreneurship
- Education models to create innovators and entrepreneurs
- The role of government and IPR regimes for collaborations between innovation and entrepreneurship
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
Prospective authors are kindly asked to submit an extended abstract of about 500 words before submitting the full paper, and will receive a fast feedback on their paper’s fitness for the special issue and on proper positioning. Abstracts should be sent to Prof. Jin Chen: email@example.com
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Submission deadline for full papers: 10 September, 2013 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: 31 January, 2014
Submission deadline for final versions: 31 March, 2014