Calls for papers
International Journal of Powertrains
Special Issue on: "Integration and Control of Automotive Aftertreatment Systems"
Prof. Junmin Wang, Ohio State University, USA
Dr. James Parks II, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Dr. Yinyan Huang, IAV Automotive Engineering, Inc., USA
The increasingly stringent vehicle fuel economy and emissions requirements continuously impose new challenges on exhaust aftertreatment systems for ground vehicles ranging from gasoline engines, diesel engines and hybrids to other emerging powertrains.
While there have been unremitting efforts in new catalyst technology development, systematic methodologies on modelling, control and diagnosis of aftertreatment systems as well as their seamless integration with engines and drivetrains are indispensable for and have proven to be effective in system optimisation for tailpipe emission reductions and fuel economy improvements in real-world vehicle applications.
This special issue aims to cover state-of-the-art research and development in the integration and control of aftertreatment systems for powertrains in light-, medium- and heavy-duty vehicles.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Modelling of catalyst and aftertreatment systems
- CFD investigation of exhaust flow/mixing with aftertreatment systems
- Characterisation and integration of aftertreatment systems with engines
- Control and diagnosis of engine aftertreatment systems
- Aftertreatment systems for hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric powertrains
- Integrated engine and aftertreatment system control
- Aftertreatment systems for low-temperature exhausts
- Thermal management for powertrain and aftertreatment systems
- Aftertreatment systems for natural gas-fueled powertrains
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscript submission deadline: 30 November, 2013
Reviewers’ reports and decisions: 28 February, 2014 (tentative)
Revised manuscript submission: 31 March, 2014 (tentative)