Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics
Special issue on: "Intelligent and Knowledge-based Systems Using Semantic Technology"
Dr. Trong Hai Duong, INHA University, Korea
Dr. Duc Cuong Nguyen, International University (Vietnam National University), Vietnam
Intelligent and knowledge-based systems and semantic technology have been two of the areas most rapidly gaining interest in information technology. The former refers to software systems dealing with “intelligence” and “knowledge”. “Intelligence” is capable of flexible autonomous action to meet its designed objectives, e.g. the ability to learn, to make a plan or decision. The latter refers to knowledge-based techniques providing means for information to be collected, organised, shared, searched and utilised, which support human decision-making, learning and action.
Semantic technologies play an important role in intelligent and knowledge-based systems, and make systems able to share/exchange knowledge. The systems may also use available semantic data on the Internet to archive their designed objectives. Moreover, intelligent and knowledge-based systems with semantic technologies are being recognised in a variety of fields such as information retrieval and filtering, decision support, collaboration, knowledge management, simulation, eGovernment, eEnvironment, eCommerce, eMobility and eHealth.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at several special sessions including CIST 2012 in ICCCI 2012, IARST 2012 in IEEE SMC 2012, IAST 2013 in KES AMSTA 2013 and ADMSW 2013 in ACIIDS 2013 , but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in these events to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Intelligent systems with semantic technology
- Intelligent agents
- Semantic web with augmented reality
- Smart TV and augmented reality
- Augmented reality with ontology and linking open data
- Semantic video annotation
- Visualisation, information visualisation of semantic web data and linked data
- Semantics-aware intelligent agents and web services
- Semantic technologies and agents for eGovernment, eCommerce, eMobility or eHealth
- Semantic technologies and agents for intelligent simulation and collaboration
- Ontology-based robotic agents, mobile agents, information agents, learning agents
- Intelligent applications in business
- Intelligent decision support systems
- Distributed intelligent systems
- Trust, privacy and security in semantic web
- Intelligent web applications
- Knowledge-based systems
- Knowledge representation, ontology, ontology integration (merging, alignment and matching)
- Expert systems, rule-based systems, ontology-based systems
- Social networks with augmented reality
- Knowledge management with augmented reality
- Neural networks, ANFIS
- Fuzzy knowledge systems, fuzzy inference systems, fuzzy ontology reasoning
- Intelligent formal techniques
- Knowledge discovery and data Mining
- Scalable data discovery, access, query, and search
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscript submission: 20 June, 2013 (extended)