Calls for papers
International Journal of Mobile Network Design and Innovation
Special Issue on: "Detecting and Mitigating Information Security Threats for Mobile Networks"
Dr. Ashley Podhradsky, Dakota State University, USA
As individuals, organisations and governments increasingly rely on the transmission of mobile (and often personal) data, it is now more prudent than ever that we can ensure the confidentially, reliability, integrity and availability of mobile networks.
The goal of this special issue is to provide a source for research dissemination for our contributors, and a source of cutting edge, high quality information within the field of security for mobile networks for our readers.
We encourage contributions from the academic, practitioner and research communities, and recognise that contributions from each group are required for a successful edition.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited:
- Anti-malware methods, including detecting, analysing and preventing infections in mobile/wireless networks
- Combating cyber-crime activities, including anti-spam, anti-fraud and anti-phishing methods with a focus on these activities with respect to mobile/wireless device use
- Design, implementation and management of mobile/wireless network security policies, including integrating employee-owned devices into corporate networks
- Detecting and mitigating network intrusions through intrusion prevention, detection and response systems and policies with a focus on the intersection of mobile/wireless networks and traditional wired ones
- Ensuring privacy and anonymity of user data in mobile/wireless networks
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
You may send one copy in the form of an MS Word file attached to an email to the following:
Dr. Ashley Podhradsky
Dakota State University
College of Business and Information Systems
820 N Washington Avenue
Madison, SD 57042
Paper submissions due: 31 March, 2013
Author notification: 31 May, 2013
Final versions of papers due: 30 June, 2013