Calls for papers
International Journal of Vehicle Performance
Special Issue on: "Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles – Drives and Technologies"
Dr. Sheldon Williamsons, Concordia University, Canada
Electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (EVs and PHEVs) are rapidly evolving as most promising alternatives in low emission and fuel efficient vehicles. The pace of developments in EV and PHEV technologies, however, has been affected by various challenges in a highly adverse manner. These include high costs, sizing problems, power management and limited driving range.
This special issue is intended to focus on state-of-the-art developments in drives and power management technologies for EVs and PHEVs, particularly the developments in practical power electronics, electric machines and motor drives solutions for the automotive industry.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Power electronic converters, bidirectional AC/DC and DC/DC converters
- Novel machine designs for propulsion
- Advanced motor drive solutions and control technologies
- Modelling and simulation of EV/PHEV power trains
- Innovative EV/PHEV architectures
- Battery storage technologies
- Coordinated charging and grid demands
- Smart power management strategies
- Fuel cell-based EV/PHEV architectures
- Ultracapacitor-based hybrid storage systems
- Smart charging infrastructures for EVs and PHEVs
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Manuscript submission deadline: 30 April, 2013
Reviewers' reports and decisions: 31 July, 2013
Final manuscripts due: 31 October, 2013