Calls for papers
International Journal of Quantitative Research in Education
Special Issue on: "Research Methodology Education"
Dr. Elena C. Papanastasiou, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
Dr. Yiasemina Karagiorgi, Cyprus Pedagogical Institute, Cyprus
Although research methodology courses are cornerstone courses for high quality academic programmes worldwide, the lack of research in the area of ‘research methodology as a subject area’ is alarming.
More specifically, despite the fact that high quality research on research methods is abundant, very little attention has been paid to (a) the inputs of research methods courses (e.g. student interests/characteristics, faculty qualifications), (b) the processes that take place in research methods courses, such as the instructional methods used in teaching research methods, and (c) the outcomes and impact of such courses.
Therefore, this important special issue will be instrumental in providing researchers, scholars, professors and other professionals with access to the latest knowledge related to research methodology education.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Student attitudes toward research
- Perceptions of educational practitioners on the use and relevance of educational research and research methods courses
- Research methodology education in higher education
- Teaching and learning approaches in research methodology courses (e.g. online research methodology courses)
- Research as a means for professional development
- Impact of educational research courses on teaching/school practices
- Mobilising research knowledge
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Submission deadline: 1 August, 2013 (extended)