Calls for papers
International Journal of Engineering Management and Economics
Special Issue on: "Manufacturing Operations Management and Optimisation"
Dr. Jose Arturo Garza-Reyes, The University of Derby, UK
Dr. Vikas Kumar, Dublin City University, Republic of Ireland
Designing, developing and integrating optimum manufacturing systems, technologies, services and best practices to meet the needs of their customers are key elements for manufacturing organisations to achieve and realise competitiveness.
This special issue aims at presenting the latest developments in the management, adoption and optimisation of manufacturing technologies, and their integration into other functional areas of an organisation. Therefore, this issue will be of special interest to academics, researchers, students, consultants and industrialists involved in the management and implementation of manufacturing technologies and practices.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 23rd International Conference on Flexible Automation and Intelligent Manufacturing (FAIM; June 2013, Porto, Portugal), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit papers for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Management and integration of products and manufacturing services
- Multi-level performance measurement in manufacturing
- Knowledge, change and risk management in manufacturing
- Value creation by sustainable manufacturing
- Manufacturing on demand
- Lean and agile manufacturing; challenges in lean management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Beyond lean and new manufacturing paradigms
- Logistics for manufacturing
- Green and lean supply chains, logistics and procurement
- Operations planning and control; scheduling
- Operations optimisation
- Resource efficient, sustainable production systems
- Quality management systems
- Business excellence models (i.e. EFQM, Malcolm Baldrige, Deming, etc.)
- Total quality management
- Six Sigma
- Human resources and technological factors
- Social aspects, health and safety in manufacturing
- Manufacturing education and training
- Other related topics
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers will be refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 20 October, 2013
Notification to authors: 31 December, 2013
Final versions due by: 28 February, 2014