Calls for papers
International Journal of Technology Management
Special Issue on: "Technology Management for Sustainable eTourism: Challenges and Opportunities"
Prof. Abdelaziz Bouras, Université Lumière Lyon 2, France
Prof. Kit Jenkins, Starthclyde University, UK
Prof. Zhou Jiliu, Chengdu University, China
Authors are invited to participate in this special issue to expand international cooperation, understanding and promotion of efforts and disciplines in the area of sustainable e-tourism. This special issue welcomes both management methodologies and information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructures aiming to:
- enhance existing tourism clusters;
- establish competitive capabilities to increase the competitiveness of partners in obtaining new opportunities in the tourism industry;
- enhance the relationship between tourism, culture and arts towards sustainable e-tourism development;
- ensure equitable involvement of SMEs and community, and promote local expertise in sharing local knowledge and promoting cultural inheritances;
- identify, explain and demonstrate new eco-tourism projects in an e-tourism environment;
- create opportunities for exposure and networking with international technology providers;
- provide an ongoing source for resources, discussion and further education for tourism stakeholders.
The contents of this issue will be of interest to academics and researchers working in domains such as information systems, human-computer interaction, organisational science and management sciences. Furthermore, government officials and policy makers could also benefit from the issue’s discussions for devising effective ICT policies.
We invite research contributions, including case studies, on all aspects of technology design for human development. All submissions will be evaluated for novelty, significance and soundness. Papers should clearly state the purpose, theory, methodology, results and possible socio-economic implications of the study, and should be fully referenced with appropriate international citations.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 6th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Applications (http://www.epsrcham.org.uk/SKIMA2012/index.htm), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit papers for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Mobilising and distributing tourism information through ICT systems
- e-tourism marketing
- Use of ICT to achieve sustainable tourism
- Implications of structural changes in the tourism industry arising from the use of ICT
- ICT and sustainability
- e-strategy and e-business models
- Crisis and e-tourism
- ICT adoption, use and value creation
- Consumer inspiration through ICT
- Context-aware and intelligent systems
- Mobile services and web-sharing platforms
- Technology enablers (SOA, cloud computing, ontologies, etc.)
- ICT for regional development
- Developing e-tourism education
- Legal and social aspects
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Manuscripts due by: 30 January, 2013
Notification to authors: 30 April, 2013
Final versions due by: 31 July, 2013