Calls for papers
International Journal of Functional Informatics and Personalised Medicine
Special Issue on: "The Informatics of Metadata, Questions and Value Sets"
Dr. Rachel Richesson, University of South Florida, USA
Dr. Timothy B. Patrick, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
Dr. James E. Andrews, University of South Florida, USA
Healthcare research and practice are driven by data collection based on asking and answering questions. Data collection in clinical research studies are informed by protocols based on evidence and patient assessments are required by clinical practice guidelines; both are driven by asking and answering relevant questions and assigning permissible values to data elements. Given their critical role in healthcare research and practice, the curation of question and answer set repositories and IR issues related to those repositories are fundamental aspects of biomedical and healthcare informatics.
This special issue aims to address and attract state-of-the-art solutions and novel attempts in the informatics of meta-data, questions, and value sets.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Terminology and metadata standards for representing questions and answer sets
- Ontologies for questions and answer sets
- Metadata registry standards for questions and answer sets
- Question answering systems
- Systems for generating questions and answer sets
- Reuse, sharing and interoperability of questions and answer sets
- IR for question and answer set repositories, including system design, human-computer interaction, and evaluation
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted or if it has been re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Submission: 19 September 2010 (extended)
Notification: 15 October 2010
Camera ready papers: 15 November 2010