International Journal of Business Intelligence and Systems Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Rashmi Malhotra
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJBISE focuses on business intelligence and decision support, together with system strategy, policy and application. It also covers production planning, scheduling and operation management along with advanced information systems, including theoretical foundations, infrastructure, architecture and algorithms. The journal proposes and fosters discussion on new system theory and information technology, including state-of-the-art research reports, important techniques and practical applications in emerging topics in the area.
Topics covered include
- Data warehousing/mining, database processing/schema
- Data and knowledge visualisation, knowledge discovery and management systems
- Intelligent decision support, business intelligence architecture
- Lean/active/dynamic systems
- Information retrieval, human-computer interaction
- Enterprise/organisational information strategy, enterprise performance management
- Information quality, security, privacy
- Soft/hybrid computing, agent architectures/systems
- Organisational operation management and strategy
- Uncertainty management, insufficient information decisions
- Production planning, scheduling
- Supply chain management
- Artificial intelligence applications to business decision making
- Online analytical processing, predictive analysis, text mining
- Applications: biomedical systems, intelligent services, cloud computing, etc.
The objectives of IJBISE are to establish an effective channel and international forum for researchers and professionals to share their knowledge, explore new methodologies and report new advances on all topics related to business intelligence, decision support strategy and algorithms, system integration technology, data mining and advanced information systems. It also aims to build bridges across the academic and industry communities to promote the new technology of business intelligence and information technology with systematic principles.
IJBISE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and professionals, working in the field of information technology, system engineering and strategy management, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
ContentsIJBISE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in business intelligence and systems engineering will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Malhotra, Rashmi, Saint Joseph's Univeristy, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bialaszewski, Dennis W., Indiana State University, USA
- Chaturvedi, H., Birla Institute of Management Technology, India
- Correa, Henrique Luiz, Rollins College, USA
- Iam-On, Natthakan, Mae Fah Luang University, Thailand
- Joshi, Amit, University of Central Florida , USA
- Kohli, Amapreet S., University of Southern Maine, USA
- Malhotra, D.K., Thomas Jefferson University, USA
- Misra, Ram B., Montclair State University, USA
- Mokhtari, Hadi, University of Kashan, Iran
- Muttoo, Sunil Kumar, University of Delhi, India
- Nicholson, Darren B., Rowan University, USA
- Pauleen, David J., Massey University, New Zealand
- Rodger, James A., Indiana University of Pennsylvania , USA
- Rushinek, Sara F., University of Miami, USA
- Saklani, Alok, Apeejay School of Management, India
- Sambasivan, Murali, Taylor’s University, Malaysia
- Sawhney, Rajeev, Western Illinois University, USA
- Sztandera, Les, Philadelphia University , USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.