Calls for papers
International Journal of Communication Networks and Distributed Systems
Special Issue on: "Techniques and Protocols for Merging Wireless and Mobility Services"
Mohammad S. Obaidat, Monmouth University, USA
Robert C. Hsu, Chung Hua University, Taiwan
Wireless and mobility have emerged rapidly as an exciting new paradigm that offers a challenging model of service computing and poses fascinating problems regarding distributed resource management, ranging from information sharing to cooperative computing.
This special issue is intended to foster state-of-the-art research in the area of integration of wireless and mobile services, including the topics of collaboration environment, implementations, running experiments, deployment on real systems and novel applications associated with this paradigm. The published papers are expected to focus on state of the art technologies advancement to realise mobile and ubiquitous service environments for advanced applications and services in wireless networks.
Mobility and wireless, special services and lessons learnt from particular deployment complement the traditional wireless topics. This special issue will serve as a landmark source for education, information, and reference to researchers, professionals, and graduate students interested in this fascinating area.Subject Coverage
Topics of solicited original research papers include, but not limited to:
- Radio interfaces and systems
- Location-based services and positioning
- Mobility, location and handoff management
- Protocols for wireless and mobility
- Traffic and congestion control, QoS, resource management
- Management of wireless and mobile networks
- Security in wireless and mobile environment
- Networks convergence and integration
- Applications and services based on wireless infrastructures
- Standardization and regulations
- Cross-layer optimisations in wireless networks
- Emerging wireless technologies
- Wireless and mobile network deployment
- Circuits for wireless communications
- Spectrum allocation and management
- Performance analysis, simulation and testing of wireless and mobile systems.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Manuscript submission deadline: 15 October, 2008
Notifications: 26 January, 2009
Revised submission: 16 March, 2009
Final notification: 20 April, 2009