Calls for papers
International Journal of Environmental Policy and Decision Making
Special Issue on: "Innovative Environmental Decision Analysis towards Sustainable Development"
Guest Editor: Dr. Zhi Chen, Concordia University, Canada
In the new century, it is crucial to put forward innovative approaches to assist viable decision-making procedures, address the critical environmental issues, and facilitate the sustainable development. Effective decision making is desired in all sectors to resolve multi-stage, multi-layer, and multi-criteria environmental problems.
Uncertainty quantification is a key component of decision science, which is associated with the effectiveness of constantly made decisions. With sophisticated characteristics of regional and global environmental problems, more efforts are being paid to deal with the system uncertainties while undertaking modelling studies and recommending environmentally friendly alternatives in environmental management.
This special issue provides an interdisciplinary and international venue for the publication of well-researched articles on the above-mentioned topics.Subject Coverage
Original paper contributions are welcome on, but not limited to:
- Development and/or application of the following state-of-the art techniques to address either regional or global environmental issues, including - integrated environmental modelling and risk assessment
- Up-to-date literature review or survey analysis of the socioeconomic issues and/or the environmental impacts resulting from global warming and chemical contamination, which are intended to support environmental decision making.
- Report of new development of environmental decision support tool or system
- Other original studies on environmental decision making and quantitative analysis for sustainable development
- multi-objective optimisation
- environmental decision analysis under uncertainty
- multi-criteria decision making
- environmental application of geoinformatics
- non-classical decision science approaches
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Papers Submission section under Author Guidelines
Submission of full paper: November 15, 2008