Calls for papers
International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies
IC3-2022: Special Issue on: "A new Era of Sustainable Cities with Data Science"
Dr. Rajanikanth Aluvalu, Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, India
Dr. Brojo Kishore Mishra, GIET University, India
Dr. UmaMaheswari V, Vardhaman College of Engineering, India
The amount of data generated nowadays by society, city infrastructures, and digital technologies around us is astonishing. The analysis, modelling and knowledge extraction of/from these data is a key asset for understanding urban environments and improving the efficiency of urban mobility, air quality and other forms of sustainability.
This special issue provides a platform to share high-quality research ideas related to data science methods and technologies for urban environments, a topic of crucial importance for many sustainable development goals.
It will give a platform for researchers in academia and industry who develop methodologies and technologies for data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence with specific applications in smart and sustainable cities.
We encourage researchers, practitioners and scientists to submit original research articles, case studies, reviews, critical perspectives, and viewpoint articles. The Guest Editors will be inviting substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 4th International Conference on Computing & Communication (IC3-2022), for review and potential publication, but are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Analytics for municipalities and urban stakeholders
- Analytics for smart growth and effective infrastructure
- Anomaly detection for multivariate sensor data
- City monitoring and urban planning
- Cloud and big data platforms
- Data acquisition and data analysis in sustainable cities
- Data analysis for air quality monitoring
- Data analysis for heating management
- Data analysis for mobility and transportation
- Data analysis for smart buildings and smart grids
- Data analytics for emergency management
- Data gathering and management for citizen science in urban environments
- Data security, privacy and blockchain
- Data-driven modelling for urban complex systems
- Data-driven predictive modelling for urban and built environments
- Data-driven scientific urbanism for sustainability
- Data-driven smart solutions for environmental, economic, and/or social sustainability
- Data-driven smart urban planning and design
- Data-driven urbanism and sustainable development
- Environmental, economic, social, and institutional dimensions of smart sustainable cities
- Epidemic data analysis in urban environments
- ICT platforms for collecting, visualising and analysing data in urban environments
- Information diffusion and social networks for sustainable cities
- Innovative sensing platforms (e.g., mobile sensors) for data gathering
- IoT- and AI-enabled smart sustainable cities
- Opportunities for and challenges of promoting data-driven smart sustainable cities
- Physical, infrastructural, social, and institutional transformations needed for promoting data-driven smart sustainable cities.
- Practical examples and best practice insights in emerging data-driven smart sustainable urbanism
- Predictive modelling for energy-efficient cities
- Smart public safety and smart healthcare for sustainable cities
- Smart sustainable transport systems, energy systems, and waste systems
- Socially responsible AI in smart cities and sustainable cities
- Sustainable cities and smartness
- Time series analysis and forecasting for urban environments
- Urban Analytics
- Urban intelligence functions for sustainability
- Urban sustainability and big data technology
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 15 August, 2022
Notification to authors: 15 October, 2022
Final versions due by: 10 December, 2022