Calls for papers
International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering
SIRS'20: Special Issue on: "Intelligent Recognition Techniques and Applications"
Prof. Sabu M. Thampi, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala, India
Prof. Selwyn Piramuthu, University of Florida, USA
Dr. Anjana P. Das, Tata Elxsi, India
Intelligent recognition methods have recently proved indispensable in a variety of domains, including smart multimedia, robotics, medical imaging, social media and visualisation. The recognition techniques also play a critical role in traditional areas such as character recognition, natural language processing and personal identification. For example, for effectively improving the accuracy of intelligent identification of sensitive information in social networks, intelligent recognition techniques can be used.
The Guest Editors will be inviting substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the Sixth International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems (SIRS'20) for review and potential publication, but are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Automatic face and gesture recognition
- Cloud-based object recognition systems
- Features extraction and selection
- Intelligent biometric techniques
- Intelligent character/document/emotion recognition
- Intelligent human-machine interaction
- Intelligent robots and systems
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Intelligent voice recognition systems
- Speech recognition and speaker verification
- Human activity recognition and human behaviour analysis
- Computer vision and pattern recognition
- Data fusion applications
- Image/video quality assessment
- Multimedia language processing
- Social media and collective intelligence
- Hybrid recognition systems
- Recognition systems in healthcare
- Mobile iris/face/emotion recognition
- IoT-based smart recognition systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 March, 2021
Notification to authors: 31 May, 2021
Final versions due by: 20 August, 2021