Calls for papers
International Journal of Embedded Systems
SoMMA'20: Special Issue on: "Intelligent Embedded Systems"
Prof. Sabu M. Thampi, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala (IIITM-K), India
Dr. Dhananjay Singh, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, South Korea
Embedded systems are now an integral part of our lives. A new generation of sensor-rich, massively distributed systems is emerging that includes unmanned air vehicles, factory automation systems and sensor networks. Developing such smart embedded systems involves a technological revolution that incorporates a range of computational approaches including artificial intelligence, information engineering, analysis and control operations. This special issue aims to publish high-quality papers on intelligent embedded system architectures and applications.
The Guest Editors will be inviting substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the Symposium on Machine Learning and Metaheuristics Algorithms, and Applications (SoMMA'20) for review and potential publication, but are also inviting other experts to submit articles for this call.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- AI In mobile embedded systems and robotics
- Cloud computing for embedded systems
- Distributed embedded systems and networks
- Edge computing for smart embedded systems
- Embedded machine learning
- Embedded system security
- Embedded UAV vision systems
- Fuzzy systems and fuzzy logic
- Hardware accelerators for ai algorithms
- Heterogeneous memory systems design for AI
- Intelligent sensors and robotic systems
- Intelligent vehicular networking
- Machine learning in IoT devices/networks
- Multi-core embedded systems
- Multimedia management in embedded systems
- Neural processors in edge platforms
- Power-aware design and computing
- Real-time embedded control systems
- RFID and time-sensitive components and applications
- Safety-critical embedded systems
- Software architectures and SoA for embedded systems
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 31 March, 2021
Notification to authors: 31 May, 2021
Final versions due by: 20 August, 2021