Calls for papers
World Review of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development
CONCOVID 2020: Special Issue on: "The Global Economy, The Tourism Sector and Sustainable Development"
Prof. Rui Alexandre Castanho, WSB University, Poland
Assoc. Prof. Ayfer Gedikli and Prof. Seyfettin Erdogan, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Turkey
Prof. José Manuel Naranjo Gómez, University of Extremadura, Spain
The aim of this special issue is to compile the studies that investigate the effects of global macroeconomic instability and COVID-19 on the tourism sector and sustainable development. Besides, it is targeted to develop policy suggestions to the benefit of the researchers and policy makers.
The papers will be written by both academic observers and practitioners of macroeconomic theory and policies, tourism, finance, politics etc.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- The effects of Covid-19 on global and regional imbalances (National/Regional and Global level)
- The effects of Covid-19 on tourism sector (National/Regional and Global level)
- The fluctuation/volatility of energy prices on tourism industry
- Empirical analysis & theoretical analysis of tourism indicators and tourism policies
- Energy efficiency in tourism sector
- The effects of global imbalances on employment in tourism sector
- Global Imbalances, causes and consequences in terms of tourism sector
- The effects of macroeconomic imbalances and macroeconomic policies on the sustainable development and tourism sector
- Sustainable Development, Sustainable Environment and Tourism Policies
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 28 February, 2021