Calls for papers
International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics
ICALT 2019: Special Issue on: "Advances in Transportation and Logistics"
Dr. Wafik Hahicha, Taif University, KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
Prof. Mourad Abed, University Polytechnique Hauts-de-France, France
In recent years, there have been significant advances in Transportation & Logistics. This special issue aims at making a significant contribution and addressing interesting research issues in the field of transportation and logistics. The design of problem-specific models together with efficient solution methods are topics of great interest in transportation and logistics for both researchers and practitioners.
We would like to encourage, in particular, all participants of the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Logistics and Transport (IEEE ICALT’2019), held in Marrakech (Morocco), 14-16 June 2019 (https://attend.ieee.org/icalt-2019/), to submit extended versions of their presented papers in the related topic. Contributions arising from papers given at a conference should be substantially extended and should cite the conference paper where appropriate. Moreover, the call is also open to papers which have not been presented at the conference.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Advanced tracking and tracing technologies and applications in the transportation and supply chain context
- Effects of digitization and automation on efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility in supply chains
- Sustainable freight transportation
- Reconfigurability of production Systems and supply chains
- Multimodal intelligent transport systems and services
- Real time identification and tracking
- City logistics
- Key performance indicators
- New approaches for sustainable transportation and logistics
- Sustainable pooling in logistics
- Security issues in transport and logistics
- Business processes
- Alliances, brokering/leasing services
- Competition, cooperation, planning, groups/associations
- Infrastructure, network design/optimization
- Analysis of diffusion and digital transformation in supply chains
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 1 March, 2020
Notification to authors: 30 April, 2020
Final versions due by: 1 July, 2020