Calls for papers
International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management
Special Issue on: "Business Continuity and Risk Management in China"
Dr. Kun Liao, Central Washington University, USA
Dr. Seong-Jong Joo, Colorado State University-Pueblo, USA
Dr. Xuehui He, Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, China
China has been maintaining steady growth in the last thirty years despite the fact that management has not been sufficient to support business continuity in China. However, many risks have begun to affect business operations in China, especially in the last five years. This growing phenomenon calls for more research on risk management in Chinese businesses as well as business environment studies in China.
Authors are invited to submit research focusing on organisational resiliency through risk assessment, contingency planning, systems security, crisis and disaster management and recovery planning, as well as public policy regarding infrastructure and security in China. Decision making using a multidisciplinary approach is highly desired. The goal is to prepare a reference issue for managing business risk in China.Subject Coverage
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Professional practices of business continuity
- Infrastructure crisis, public policy
- Risk management, decision technology
- Natural resources, environmental threats
- Crisis leadership, organisational resiliency
- Enterprise risk management
- Crisis management information systems
- Homeland security/organisational threats
- Systems security for business resiliency
- Crisis communications, disaster recovery
- Natural, technological, industrial and terrorism events
- Governance, risk, regulatory compliance
- Software, training, awareness
- Successful public-private partnerships
- Modelling, visualisation, agents, simulation, gaming
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All invited full papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 1 September 2014
Final drafts of papers: 1 January 2015