Calls for papers
International Journal of Convergence Computing
Special Issue on: "Biomedical Signal and Image Processing"
Prof. Vikrant Bhateja, SRMGPC, Lucknow
Mr. Akshat Jain, SRMGPC, Lucknow
Prof. Xu Jin, China University of Geosciences, China
Biomedical signal and image processing is an active area of research where disciplines such as engineering, computer science, physics, biology and medicine inter-disciplinarily synchronise in order to improve healthcare.
This particular area deals with the generation, reconstruction, pre-processing, improvement, analysis, quantification, visualisation and management of all kind of medical images. We invite the submission of highly innovative research papers on recent trends and challenges in the field of biomedical signal and image processing, describing new methods employing computer-aided detection and diagnosis of diseases, and improvement of diagnostic imaging using soft computing techniques.
This special issue will focus particularly on image enhancement, edge detection and segmentation methods/algorithms/tools developed to aid early detection/diagnosis of diseases (e.g. brain tumours, breast cancers, malignant melanomas) by the processing of images obtained from modalities such ultrasounds, mammography, MRI, CT-scans, etc. These methods must be preferably supported by thorough clinical evaluation or assessment on recognised standard medical databases.
The issue will be an important resource for research scholars, engineers and scientists interested in theoretical and methodological aspects of biomedical signal and image processing in reference to the development of computer-aided diagnosis techniques.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Mathematical models for medical image contrast enhancement
- Algorithms for noise suppression in medical images
- Edge enhancement techniques for segmentation of abnormality in diagnostic images
- Algorithms for growth detection of lesions/tumours
- Multi-scale/multi-resolution techniques for analysis of fine details in medical images
- Quantitative assessment techniques for evaluation of computer-aided detection/diagnosis algorithms
- Efficient pre- and post-processing of image-based computational models
- Non-linear techniques for contrast enhancement and edge detection of medical images
- Medical image compression and watermarking
- Fractal-based approaches for medical image analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Soft computing and bio-inspired computing techniques in medical image processing
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Manuscript submission: 31 March, 2012
Notification of acceptance: 30 May, 2012
Final version due: 20 June, 2012