Calls for papers
International Journal of Information Technology and Management
Special Issue on: "Advances in Data Mining and Its Applications"
Dr. Qinbao Song, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
Dr. Heli Sun, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
Dr. Jing Gao, University at Buffalo, USA
The field of data mining has seen a rapid explosion in recent years because of new applications in social and communication networking, software engineering, healthcare and computational biology.
This special issue aims to bring together a diversity of international researchers, experts and practitioners who are currently working in the area of data mining. It is envisaged that it will explore the recent advances of methods, techniques and tools in solving the unanswered questions in data mining.
Prominent researchers from both academia and industry are invited to contribute their work for extending the existing knowledge in the field.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Graph mining
- Social network mining
- Social web search and analysis
- Evolution of social communities and social media
- Data stream mining
- Software engineering data mining
- Methodologies in large-scale data mining
- High performance data mining algorithms
- Competitive analysis of data mining algorithms
- Social network applications
- Emerging applications of large-scale data mining
- E-commerce and web services
- Financial market analysis
- Mobility recommendations
- Applications of data mining in education
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page.
Submission deadline: 30 April, 2012
First round notification: 30 June, 2012
Final paper submission: 30 August, 2012