Calls for papers
International Journal of Healthcare Technology and Management
Special Issue on: "Health Service Engineering and Redesign"
Xiangyang Li, University of Michigan, USA
Jiun-Yan Shiau, National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
The healthcare sector has been one of the longest existing and most quickly evolving professions. Research breakthroughs in new instruments and procedures are evidence of medical science advancement. However, the operation and management of health service delivery as a whole is lagging behind, as shown by increasing administrative overheads and the lack of access to healthcare in various forms.
Great engineering and management efforts are called upon to address the problems in health service redesign and operation. While established practices in traditional industries such as manufacturing and supply chain management can be successfully applied to health services, innovative approaches and methods will contribute to the shift to system- and process-oriented healthcare paradigms.
This special issue aims to examine relevant emerging studies and cases so that it may function as a reference for healthcare researchers and practitioners.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Clinical decision support and expert systems
- Health service and process redesign
- Lean concepts and applications in health service
- Supply chain management of healthcare delivery
- Medical logistics
- Healthcare ERP
- Health and medical information systems and technology
- Wireless and mobile healthcare applications
- Tele-home care technology and management
- Risk and security of health services
- Health emergency and incident response
- Organisational and cultural aspects of health services
- Human factors and ergonomics in healthcare
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Papers Submission section under Author Guidelines
Deadline for submission: 31 January, 2012 (extended)